- Making a decision is the ONLY way to change your life
- Making new decisions and taking action WILL change your life.
However, you will not decide if you’re in the wrong state; you must find the passion within you to ignite the spark to make the decision.
Think about it if you’re in the bad physiology state, unfit and have common language patterns internally and externally. If you’re not stimulated by the outcomes of where your decision will take you, so you’re not connected to the RESULTS YOU want to achieve, you’ll procrastinate and take no action, period.
The secret is DECIDE – COMMIT – RESOLVE
TECHNIQUE ONE – Being Aware Of What Puts You Into State
Paper exercise – Grab a pen and paper, and let’s begin.
Passion – Love – Like – Hate (Create a comprehensive list on each heading, writing in each column what they mean to you)
Here is an example that I have written this morning (Stevie Kidd)
- Passion – Changing Lives – Brings me to tears and brings me alive, supporting people in many ways to grow and succeed.
- Love – My Family – I adore them, and I do not function without them.
- Like – I like going to Man Utd Games at Old Trafford – It’s a good day out with friends.
- Hate – Sports Direct – I will not go into this store as it makes me feel claustrophobic – someone needs to redesign these retail outlets, but that’s my experience of that world.
The message here is to create a list of ten under each column, as we need to understand each vibration area. As making decisions is about being passionate, you won’t make good decisions when in the form of what you hate and like.. YOU FEEL WHAT YOU FOCUS ON.
Techniques to overcome procrastination – Exercise Two
Go to the end in mind – 3 chairs in a triangle; one represents the present, the second represents the achieved outcome, third represents the observer.
- Sit in Chair One with all chairs inward in a triangle, close your eyes, and pay attention to the NOW… CONNECT THROUGH YOUR SENSES; WHAT IS IT I SEE, HEAR AND FEEL RIGHT NOW?
- Now stand up after 5 minutes and move to chair 2; this chair is where you stand behind it before sitting, as you’re going into a state of believing when you sit in this chair, you become and feel the person who has achieved that future goal, and with passion and feeling you have to close your eyes and embrace with every fibre of your being what you see, hear and feel in the future achieving this goal, you need to connect to this energy field as if it’s already happened.
- Now, after 5 minutes, stand up and go and sit on the 3rd chair; this chair is the observer chair, and as you sit in this chair, start to recognise the differences between the current and future self-chair and begin to become more aware but more associated to future self and goal. Become emotionally connected to the outcome.
- Exercise – for 10 minutes now, sit on chair one for 30 seconds just to be aware of the present, then move to chair two and sit on chair two connecting to the desired RESULT of the future for 3 minutes, then go to the observer chair for 30 seconds before repeating 3 to 5 times. What you are doing is creating a stimulus to become consciously aware of the present, more associated emotionally with results and future self, but still training the mind to notice we have the present, still programming the mind to who we will become.
Look at your goals and your life wheel, create small chunks, and take action; when you chunk it all down into small chunks, it’s more achievable and doing this while in a passion state becomes much easier, especially when you have gone to the end and seen yourself achieve these goals.
SERVE – GIVE – GROW – YOU WANT YOUR LIFE TO BE ABOUT HELPING OTHERS.
You want your personal needs to be Contributions – Growing – Giving.
This will fuel your soul and light you up with passion. Mark my words.
People find ways to meet these needs in positive, negative, or neutral ways, but every person finds a way to meet them somehow. Any activity, action, or emotion that fulfils at least three needs at a high level becomes, in effect, an addiction. Likewise, people have positive, negative, and neutral.
There is always a way to fulfil a need; the skill lies in finding a sustainable way to fulfil it (and in a way that gives you more pleasure than pain).
- Certainty. The need to know that you can avoid pain and gain pleasure.
- Uncertainty/Variety. The need for the unknown, for change, and for new stimuli.
- Significance. Feeling unique, important, special, or needed.
- Love /Connection. A strong feeling of closeness or union with someone or something.
- Growth. An expansion of capacity, capability, or understanding.
- Contribution. A sense of service and focus on helping, giving, and supporting others.
What’s important to you in your life? Now, please design your life around the answers to this question.
We are not Negotiating – an embedded command telling the brain – we are committed and deciding how we will get what we want!
In the Stevie Kidd Pathway coaching and events, we give you the tools and the mindset to get the life you want!
So let’s take a simple step – The first step is two things, let’s TEST it in the correct state and see yourself in the future. You have the opportunity to click two links that will change your life.
Finally, let’s get Stevie Kidd’s thoughts on Procrastination.